Congratulations! Your household has added a new kitten, whether through careful planning and searching or because a new kitten has somehow found you. Let’s get your baby’s life off to a good start!
As soon as possible (preferably within the first 48 hours) we need to meet your kitten in person. Chateau Veterinary Hospital is a certified Cat-Friendly Practice and a Fear Free Certified hospital, which means you have chosen the best place for your little one. We are trained to provide compassionate, individualized care and to make sure this first vet appointment is a positive experience so that future visits are easier for both you and your pet.
At this first check-up, we will perform a complete nose to tail examination and advise you on the best medical care for your kitten, appropriate training and nutrition. In addition, you will receive a sample of kitten food, free heartworm medication, free flea medication, and brochures on kitten care. We will also discuss:
- Vaccinations – kittens need a series of initial vaccinations to protect them from serious illnesses and potentially life-threatening diseases
- Parasite Prevention – fleas, ticks, mites, worms, etc.
- Litter Box Training – problems and best solutions
- Scratching – setting your kitten up with appropriate scratching areas, avoiding declawing
- Feliway Pheromone Diffusers and Spray Products – we use and recommend these calming chemicals for helping your kitten to adjust.
We can’t wait to meet your precious new kitten! Have questions or want to make an appointment? Call us at 504-684-7681.